Dear Guests and Valued Travel Partners,
On behalf of Original Group hotels – Temptation Cancun Resort, Desire Riviera Maya Resort and Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort – we hope you are well. We understand any concern you may have regarding traveling at this time; however, we want to assure you Original Group considers the health and wellbeing of its guests and employees a top priority.
Along with Mexico and the State of Quintana Roo, we are closely monitoring the new Coronavirus, or COVID-19, illness and recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as other relevant and international health organizations.
Original Group adheres to numerous strict international guidelines and protocols especially as it relates to cleanliness and sanitation at its properties. All of Original Group hotels are certified by Distintivo H, the national certification given by Mexico’s Ministry of Tourism (SECTUR) to permanent food and beverage establishments that comply with hygiene and quality standards in accordance with Mexican standard NMX-F-605-NORMEX-2018 with the purpose of reducing the incidence of foodborne diseases. Additionally, Original Group is working with Cristal International Standards, an international platform that complies with all the national and international requirements to assure good operation and health safety for guests and collaborators.
As it related to COVID-19, the company has activated various precautionary measures at all properties including:
- Ensuring an abundant supply of anti-bacterial soap, gel and products, which are placed in all areas of the hotels
- Constant cleaning and disinfection of public areas, especially high-touch areas
- Ensuring employees and guests are aware of proper handwashing technique in accordance with the World Health Organization
- Maintaining continuous communication with local and state health authorities, as well as other members of the private sector, association and tourism suppliers to assure measures and best practices are implement in accordance
Original Group understands guests’ concerns about COVID-19, however due to the above information, we recommend not changing upcoming travel plans. Alternatively, we will work to accommodate your rebooking if desired, as best as possible, and have adjusted our cancellation policy for stays booked through May 31, 2020:
- Rebooking fees will be waived for guests who wish to change their travel dates, as long as the new dates are within a time frame of one year from the original reservation. Travel must be rebooked by December 23, 2020. Black-out dates apply during the Christmas/New Year’s Eve season.
- Keep enjoying the Temptation / Desire Experience when changing travel dates within the aforementioned time frame.
- Penalty fees will be waived for guests who wish to cancel their reservations. No-show penalties will also be waived. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
- As a contingency plan, guests who are concerned to fly back home and would like to extend their stay will receive special rates for up to four nights when they book directly. Each hotel will evaluate on a case by case basis and will do its best to accommodate.
- Temptation Cancun Resort: USD $110 per person per night
- Desire Resorts: 30 percent off standard rate
Please feel free to contact our reservations team for Temptation Cancun Resort at (888) 299-7705 or via email at email@example.com; and our reservations team for both Desire resorts at (888) 211-3241 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
If you are a Premier member, please call us at (1 855) 556-1632. Thank you for choosing our beloved resorts, we appreciate your support always. We hope to see you soon.
Rodrigo de la Peña